Tuesday, April 19, 2011

He Lives All Glory to His Name!


I have recently been reflecting on the past 18 months of my life. 18 months ago I was a senior in college and I was pondering and questioning whether or not I should go on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. After a lot of prayer and and careful considerations I submitted my mission papers. Three months later I arrived in Philly and since that day I have been serving my Savior Jesus Christ all day, every day.

When I get a free second (which is rare it seems) I like to just sit and ponder about life. Yesterday I had the opportunity to sit down and really do some reflecting. I opened an Easter package recently that I  had received from home. (Loved it by the way, thanks mom.) But I sat thinking about what Easter really represents and what it means to me.



Easter is focused on Christ and my mind cannot even comprehend all that Christ has done for me. It's almost overwhelming to try and understand it all, so I don't even try. My brain likes simple. I am much like a child in that sense. I can't think about too much. It's exhausting. But in my simple little brain I summed up my thoughts on Christ.


Jesus Christ died for me because He loves me. That's simple enough. I really have been thinking about the unconditional love that He has for me. No matter what I do, or say, or think, He still loves me and never gets angry with me. I am sure I have let Him down a time or two. Probably disappointed Him a lot, but never has He given up on me. He is always patient with me and forgives all of my short comings.


The Savior died for us, so we could be saved. I love Easter because it really is a reminder to me that He lives! He died and suffered more awful things than I can even understand or imagine but I love what the angel says to both of the Mary's at the tomb, "Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for he is risen" (Matthew 27:5-6).

 It is true He Lives! Because of the Savior we can all live with God again. We can all choose to follow his example and some day we can return to live with our Heavenly Father. I love my Savior and am so grateful to know that I can always change and repent. I can constantly become better than I was yesterday if I am constantly striving to be more like Him.  He is always with us and always leading the way.  We just need to look to Him and follow His example.


Like the prophet Joseph Smith, this is my testimony of Jesus Christ, "And now, after the many testimonies which have been given of him, this is the testimony, last of all, which we give of him: That he lives!" (Doctrine and Coventants 76: 22).

No comments:

Post a Comment