Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We're All On the Same Team



If this isn't inspiring, I don't know what is.  I just loved this clip.  I know that no matter what stage of life we are in, how old we are, where we live, who our friends are, the gospel is for everyone.  The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints blesses all people.  The gospel helps us all and is truly the only way to find happiness.  This video makes me smile, because these teenagers get it.  They both understand that the gospel is the most important thing in life. 

Brandon found that the gospel helped him change, and Teren loved the gospel and understood how it helps us all change and be happy.  We are all just like these two teenagers.  We are either like Brandon and searching for truth and happines, or we are like Teren and we know what true happiness comes from living and sharing the gospel of Jesus Christ.

I feel like Teren everyday.  I know how great it is to share the gospel, to share the thing that makes me the most happy with others.  There is nothing greater than the gospel.  Joseph Smith and others in the church received revelation from the Lord about how sharing the gospel and inviting people to change will make us feel.

The Lord said to them, "And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!  And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me"(D&C 18:15-16).



I often think that the one soul that repents and comes unto Christ is us.  Once we accept and follow Jesus Christ through baptism by immersion by someone holding the priesthood authority of God, we are then responsible to share the gospel with others so they too can find joy in this life.  And the Lord's promise to Joseph Smith is also promised to us when we share His Gospel, "Great will be your joy."

I know without a doubt that inviting others to repent and accept the Gospel of Jesus Christ truly bring the greatest joy.  I see it everyday, and I love it! 

We're all on the same team here.  We are here to help each other make it back to our Heavenly Father, and following Jesus Christ is the only way back.  "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me" (John 14:6)

1 comment:

  1. i am just so grateful to have watched that clip, my jaws actually ached from smiling go hard...loved it! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete