Friday, August 26, 2011

Going Home...

 In Mark chapter 5 the story is told of Christ casting out a legion of devils that were in a bunch of swine. There were a lot of people who witnessed this and after they witnessed the miracle, Christ said unto the people, "Go home to thy friends, and tell them how great things the Lord hath done for thee, and hath had compassion on thee" (Mark 5:19).

I was pondering on this story and how Christ always invites us to share with others the miracles and the great things that He is constantly doing for each and every one of us.  I have been reflecting a lot lately on this, because in a few days I will be returning home to my friends and my family.  I wonder what it will be like to no longer be a full time missionary.  It is almost hard to remember what it is like to not be a missionary.  I find myself wondering and worrying about what I will talk with people about, what will I do, etc. 

 But when I read this account I realized that I love what the counsel the Savior gives.  I realized that I am going to do exactly as the Savior asks.  I cannot wait to go home and tell everyone I know how many miracles I have witnessed as a missionary.  How many amazing people I have met, and how many lives I have seen changed for the better because of the gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I know that Jesus Christ lives and that He has been a part my mission here in Philadelphia, and that He always has and always will be watching over me.  I will continue to look for the miracles in my life, and cannot wait to see how the Lord will continue to bless me.

No comments:

Post a Comment