Tuesday, December 7, 2010

City of Brotherly Love




Philadelphia is known as the "City of Brotherly Love" but since we're sisters, we consider it the "City of Sisterly Love."  Cliche I know.   

So yesterday we had the opportunity to take some of our preparation day and go down into the city and site see.  It was freezing, and even snowed for a bit, but when we passed by Love Park and this statue I couldn't help but be so happy. 

I was thinking how much I love life and other people.  And then started thinking about how much I am loved.  I love my family, my friends, my companions, all the sister missionaries, all missionaries for that matter, I just love the whole world, even the people I haven't met, and even the people that love to slam doors in my face. 

As we passed by the "Love" statue I really was grateful in my heart for the love of our Savior and our Heavenly Father.  It's a blessing to know that no matter what happens in life, that we can always rely on the love of Jesus Christ.  It is infinite and unconditional.  He will always love us, no matter what we do.  Christ is the constant source for our happiness.  Everything good comes from Him. 

Last summer I was an EFY counselor for 8 weeks and after each week at EFY my family would ask, "How was your week?"  And I always responded with, "The best ever!"  I really felt that way.  Life was good; I was happy.  This has kind of transferred into my mission.  Each week when I email home I express how each week it just gets better and better. I guess I didn't realize I was doing this until I got a letter from my mom recently.  She said, "Have the best week ever.  But I know you will cause you always do."  

It hit me that each week is the best week ever.  I have so much to be happy about.  I know that the Savior knows and loves me and everyone of us.  Sure bad things happen and things go wrong, but each day is still the best day ever, and each week the best week ever.  We all have so much to be happy about.  At the end of the day all that really matters is that we know the Savior lives and loves us!



3 comments:

  1. This is why I Love being your mission companion.. You CHOOSE to see the good in everyday.. even the tough days! ..for that I am grateful:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why I love your teachings. When you teach you bring happiness and always brighten my day. You have taught me so much about the Love of Heavenly Father and that brings much joy to my heart. You have established the concept "choose the right" (CTR) and I will treasure this always.
    As Alma so beautifully states (3:26) "And in one year were thousands and tens of thousands of souls sent to the eternal world, that they might reap their rewards according to their works, wether they were good or wether they were bad, to reap eternal happiness or eternal misery, according to the spiritwhich they listened to obey, wether it be a good spirit or a bad one."
    Heavenly Father has great things in store for you. You are the definition of happiness. I realize this does not always "happen" but you work towards happiness everyday and that is so comendable. Heavenly Father wants you to be happy, today, tomorrow and for all eternity! Guard that happiness with all your might.
    I love you and I know you love me. That gives me so much happiness and I thank you. I consider it a great priviledge, honor and joy to call you my friend.
    I pray to Heavenly Father to bring you everlasting happiness, health and prosperity in all you do. I pray that Heavenly Father blesses you with the overwhelming knowledge of his love everyday. I pray for your saftey in all that you do. I pray that I become a better person so you can see your efforts manifested in me. Thank you for showing me how special God has made you!
    With utmost sincerity,
    Audra

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, this is where you've been hiding........what can I say that I haven't already said to u? I'm glad that u ar my missionary. You are beautiful, inside and out. It's a pleasure to be in your company, unless you're in a MOOD. Rare, but possible. Guess you're human after all! I'm so glad you had a chance to view the local places of intrest in Philly. Seems as though all the missionaries like Philly, and want to return. Guess so, with people like me here...lol Seriusly, you and Sr. Lloyd hve taught me many things about the church ad Heavenly Father's love for me. For that I am eternally grateful. I feel blessed that He sent you to me. Stay wonderful!! Love, Gini

    ReplyDelete