Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Devoted Sisters


"SISTERS, SISTERS. THERE WERE NEVER SUCH DEVOTED SISTERS."

Yesterday was my younger sister Taylor's birthday. As I was thinking about her and this Christmas season I was reminded of two Christmases ago when her and I watched the classic film "White Christmas" for the first time because we had a friend who loved to sing the "Sister's Song" to us.  It's a funny jingle and the memory of me and my sister joking about that song made me laugh.  I also wanted to let her know that I love her and am so grateful to have such a devoted sister!  :)

I also have been reflecting a lot on the Christmas season and how everyone around tends to show more love this time of year.  I wish the way people acted at Christmas time would continue even after the holidays.  We are all brothers and sisters.  We are all children of God.  He loves us so much and I know that our Heavenly Father does not like to see us fight, disagree, and argue one with another.

I am especially grateful for the Christmas season because it appears that more people are following what is said in John 13:34, "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another."

Let's spread the Christmas love and extend it for the entire year.

No comments:

Post a Comment