Wednesday, December 8, 2010

SUCCESS!

Miracles!  It's really hard for me to not want to turn this blog into a journal of miracles or funny stories.  But I just had to share this experience we had today. 

So we had an appointment fall through and so we had to do some rearranging in our schedule for the day.  After some prayer and pondering we ended up driving to an area we felt we should go to, but had no idea really where we were going.  So I saw a street sign that said "Houston"  And I said to my companions, "Houston we have a Problem!"  We just laughed and then we decided that we were where we needed to be.  So we stopped and started knocking a few doors.  No one interested.  So after a few doors, we see a man walking across the street. 

We flagged him down to talk to him, and come to find out, he just moved here, and used to meet with missionaries!  We set up an appointment and gave him a Book of Mormon.  It was a miracle!  Each day little things like this happen in missionary work and I realize that the Lord's Hand is in this work.

And the best part about this contact; was the man's name.  His name was Success!  And truly meeting him was a success!  I am so grateful the Lord answers prayers and leads us to where we need to be.

1 comment:

  1. Sister Currie VanLieshoutDecember 9, 2010 at 8:53 AM

    What a beautiful story that actually happened! It almost sounds fictional because his name was Success. Only Heavenly Father can work a miracle so amazing as that.I'm so glad Sister Beckwith that you were blessed with this special experience because your so special! Your a very bright light shining on so many and I have been very blessed to experience your and Heavenly Father's light combined-very cool!

    ReplyDelete