Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Faith is a principle of power

(John 14: 25-31)
25 And in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went unto them, walking on the sea.
 26 And when the disciples saw him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, It is a spirit; and they cried out for fear.
 27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer it is I; be not afraid.
 28And Peter answered him and said, Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water.
 29 And he said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus.
 30 But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me.
 31 And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith wherefore didst thou doubt?


When we have faith in Jesus Christ all things are possible.  We can do anything.  Often I feel like Peter and I have doubts or I question things.  I am finally recognizing that every time I doubt the Savior and all that He can do I start to sink and fall.  When we doubt, we are weak.  However, we can change the level of our faith by dong things that require faith. 
Throughout life I am learning that my faith is always growing.  Some days it is growing bigger and brighter, and other days it is growing backwards.  I am learning that our faith never stands still. 

As we do all that we can to strengthen our faith and trust in God, it is then that we are given power to do all that we need to do. 

 Faith is a principle of power! 


No comments:

Post a Comment