Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Life's Precious Moments

"My dear brothers and sisters, we would do well to slow down a little, proceed at the optimum speed for our circumstances, focus on the significant, lift up our eyes, and truly see the things that matter most."  President Dieter F. Uchtdorf



Mormon Messages just melt my heart! This video really hit the sweet spot.  I often take for granted the simple things in life.  We really have to take a look around and enjoy the moment.  Far too often I am focused on the big events in life and miss the small moments.  I am coming to realize that life is made up of a bunch of small moments.
I look back on life before my mission and realize sure there were some really great accomplishments, and really big things I did, but the things that mean the most are the memories I made while doing the day to day things.  The greatest moments in my life have been the times I have shared with friends and family. 

My family and the gospel are the two most important things in my life and I know that when we put the Lord first and then our families we will find happiness in this life.  We will find that we can do anything when we have faith in the Lord and remain obedient to Him.  With the help of loved ones and friends along the way we learn to enjoy the ride. 



We must learn to slow down and really enjoy the time we have on this earth.   We must learn to enjoy the moment no matter what the moment may bring.  We cannot take for granted the small and simple things in life.  By living the gospel we are assured happiness and peace from the Lord.  


 President Dieter F. Uchtdorf said in a talk he gave at General Conference in October 2010 "Strength comes not from frantic activity but from being settled on a firm foundation of truth and light. It comes from placing our attention and efforts on the basics of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. It comes from paying attention to the divine things that matter most." "Of Things That Matter Most".)

No comments:

Post a Comment