Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Road Map...

Last week I had the opportunity to visit another area of the mission that I had never been to before.  It was out in the country and for our morning exercise we decided to take a jog down one of the country roads.  As I jogged that morning I was surrounded by the corn fields along side the road and miles and miles of farm land.  I loved it, but mostly I was thinking about how quiet and still it was, and how at that moment life was simple. 

However, I know just as much as anyone, that life is really not all that simple. 

I really pondered on how do I resolve all of my concerns in life.  With everything that goes on around me my constant source of strength, peace, and an endless supply of answers comes from The Book of Mormon.

For me when I am irritated, angry, sad, or confused I pick up The Book of Mormon because I know that as soon as I start reading, I will feel better.  Without fail, the book changes me everytime I read.  I feel the love of my Heavenly Father, and I receive direction.  And most of all I receive a witness that it really is the word of God.  I love The Book of Mormon and know with all my heart that it is true. 

It is my road map that is helping me get through this crazy life.  I don't know where I would be without The Book of Mormon. 

I know that the promise that is given in the beginning of The Book of Mormon is true, and give everyone the same invitation listed on the introduction page of The Book of Mormon:  

"We invite all men everywhere to read the Book of Mormon, to ponder in their hearts the message it contains, and then to ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ if the book is true. Those who pursue this course and ask in faith will gain a testimony of its truth and divinity by the power of the Holy Ghost."

The Book of Mormon is the road map for each and everyone of us, and it will show us the way in everything, if we open our hearts and receive the message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment